Saturday, September 14, 2013

Christian Liberties, the Stepchild of Today's 1st Amendment

David Limbaugh | Sep 13, 2013
Townhall.com



You may say that there is no discrimination against Christians in America or casually dismiss it because Christians need no protection here because this is allegedly a Christian nation.

But there is plenty of such discrimination, as I documented in my book "Persecution" a few years back.

During the publicity tour for the book, I had a mini-debate with Harvard professor Alan Dershowitz on CNN, as I recall. Dershowitz, who was very respectful and who is unquestionably quite intelligent, advanced a curious argument that night.

If memory serves, he suggested that it is absurd for me to argue that Christians face any real discrimination, because the overwhelming majority of Americans are Christian. I found this bizarre, as the majority of Americans are also women, and the last time I looked, no one ever challenges the women's rights movement on the basis that majorities are inherently insulated from discrimination.
 
Our laws don't say that everyone except for members of majority groups is entitled to equal protection of the laws. They don't forbid discrimination against only members of minority groups.

THE REST OF THE ARTICLE . . .

RELATED STORY