Thursday, October 3, 2013

6 Words That Will Reignite Your Prayer Life

Susie Larson
10/02/2013
Charisma Magazine




A while back, I had author Emily Freeman on my show, and she said the best thing: Is it more important to please God or to trust Him?

She went on to say, “If we focus on pleasing God, we’ll quickly get into striving, but if we entrust ourselves to Him and trust Him for all He is, we’ll stay in that place of grace, and we’ll please Him in the process" (my paraphrase).

Using TRUSST as an acronym, here are few things I learned about reigniting my prayer life:

T- Thanksgiving: Almost always, when I sense that the fire has gone out and my passion has waned, it’s because I stopped being grateful—stopped thanking God for all of the blessings I enjoy. When we focus too much on what we don’t have and on what God is not giving us at the moment, we lose sight of the fact that God is always wonderfully good, is beautifully for us and will never forsake us. Start today by thanking Him for everything you’d miss tomorrow if you woke up and it wasn’t there.

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus" (1 Thess. 5:18, NIV).

Read the rest of the article. . . .